[Koha] Overdue items that aren't yet overdue

Seth Mayo smayo at stpeters.nsw.edu.au
Tue Aug 7 09:48:50 NZST 2012

This last week we upgraded to the latest release, 3.8.3, and we now have a
strange problem where when you create a print slip in a patron's file, they
will have the overdue section with a book that is due today even through
the time for it to become overdue is in another 8 hours time.  Being at a
school, we have the kids return books as a class on the exact day it is due
so it isn't overdue until we get past the due date.  In past versions all
the books were listed as on loan but never overdue unless the date and time
were past - but now the unique case of when the date = today, it is always
listed as overdue.

Is there an easy way to fix this?  Perhaps some setting somewhere?  We've
had a look around over the past couple of days and all we found was the
template which is definitely set out right still.

FYI - exact description of the librarian "This morning we noticed that
books due back today appear as "overdues" on the print slip (student
borrower card/print button). This wasn't the case yesterday."  The
difference between 'this morning' and 'yesterday' in the librarian's
comment is that we upgraded Koha overnight.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Seth Mayo
IT Technical Manager