[Koha] Kohacon12 Accomodation (Olugbenga Adara)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Apr 27 01:41:24 NZST 2012

"Dianna Roberts" <Dianna.Roberts at opus.co.nz>
> I'm going by train, which takes about four hours but is less hassle than
> getting to and from airports. I went through this site
> (raileasy) and by booking early got a 52% discount.

Please avoid raileasy because it charges passengers booking and card
fees - not all ticket agents do that and it shouldn't be encouraged IMO.
As I understand it, they already get a commission from the ticket price.

Please use the state-owned rail company website
http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/ which will sell tickets to people abroad,
but you have to collect them from a printer machine at the station
(needs the card you booked with and a code you get from the website)
or you might be able to print them at home in some situations.

If you can get 3-9 people together at once, get a 33% discount at
http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/3plus

This and more tips have been on the wiki for a while at
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon12_Summary#Travel_Tips_From_Further_Abroad

One tip that isn't there yet: you might find other useful offers at
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-coach-train-ticket-deals

Hope that helps,