[Koha] fine rules

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Wed Apr 25 09:35:33 NZST 2012

On 25/04/12 06:18, Jennifer Coleman-Davidson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are new to Koha (running 3.0) and are experiencing issues with our
> fines.  We can't seem to set the fine rules properly so that fines are
> accumulated.  We've checked several different Koha manuals and can't
> find any instructions that match the screen that we are seeing:
>

> Does anyone know what Fine Days means and how we should fill it out in
> order to start accumulating fines? That's the only part we are
> struggling with at the moment!

Hi Jennifer,
The 'fine days' parameter is for libraries that wish to penalise late
returns by suspending the patrons' borrowing privileges rather than by
imposing a monetary fine.
(This approach is popular in parts of Europe, I believe.)  I think that
in Koha 3.2 and later, the field is renamed 'Suspension in Days'.

If you prefer to accumulate monetary fines, leave 'fine days' blank or zero.

Regards,
Bob Birchall
Calyx