[Koha] Bulk patron anonymize/delete tool

Joy Nelson joy.nelson1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 06:33:01 NZST 2012

Tom-
I can tell you from the database level, that patrons are linked to Circulation (issues, old_issues), Holds (reserves, old_reserves), Fines (accountlines) at a minimum.  Borrowers are also in the borrower_attributes, and borrower messaging preferences tables.  Those last two will cascade nicely when a borrower is deleted.

I don't believe that the existence in old_reserves or old_issues will cause you trouble.  And it is an easy enough task to check if the borrower is in issues or reserves before deleting.  Fines are another issue altogether.  (queries with sums and all)

This doesn't really address the notion of 'should you delete patrons'.  I'll leave that to others.

Additionally, I'm curious as to what you are seeing when the anonymize patrons is used?  What are your expecting and what are you seeing?

-Joy Nelson
ByWater Solutions