[Koha] Installation problem

Joe jbalway at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 02:49:46 NZST 2012

The link I posted was to my original Ubuntu Installation Manual. I created
this wiki post when I installed Koha on Ubuntu.
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu The online version has
undergone a few edits and updates by various people. I may take the time to
figure out how to submit patches for the Ubuntu Install file at a later
date. I don't know that anything I have done needs or should be submitted
as a patch though.

We started using Koha for Periodicals in August of 2011. It replaced an
outdated Periodicals program we were paying $2,000 a year to use. We are
also looking at moving our Acquisitions to Koha as that would save us
$4,000 a year. The upside is that the Acquisitions looks like it won't be
as much work. I am still working on cataloging the item records for our
Non-Current Periodicals and that may get pushed back in favor of setting up
Acquisitions. Setting up Acquisitions will be a lot more stress though,
because I am going to be dealing with coworkers set processes.

We may eventually fully switch over to Koha. One thing that we are waiting
for is the patch for the Authorities Records to go through. Last I heard it
was slated to go into the next update, but that was at least two months ago.

-Joe-

--
Joseph Alway
Access Services Coordinator

"The World's Great Literary Masterpieces. Freely Available At Your
Fingertips. Project Gutenberg. The Free Digital Library."
http://www.gutenberg.org