[Koha] Upgrade 3.01 to 3.6 on Diff Server

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Apr 3 09:35:23 NZST 2012

On 3 April 2012 08:52, Josh Mikow <joshmikow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> My biggest questions are:
> 1. What is the best way to make sure I backup all of the necessary files on
> the 3.01 system so that I can successfully get them over to the 3.06 system
> to restore?

Unless you have done some local customisation by editing the perl
scripts or templates. All you need is the database itself. So a
database dump of that.

> 2. What is the best way to properly restore the 3.01 files under the 3.06
> install without causing future problems?

You don't want to do that :) You will cause problems. What you want to
do is import your 3.1.x database into your 3.6.4 instance, then run
koha-upgrade-schema <instancename>
then
koha-uprade-to-3.4 <instancename>

What this second one does is remove the item data from the marcxml
blob in biblioitems. This was changed in 3.4.0 hence the name, since
you are going from 3.1.x to 3.6.4 you need this to be done. It will
then start a zebra reindex. After that you will be up on 3.6.4 .. the
next thing to do would be to work through all the settings and check
they are ok (circulation rules, systempreferences etc). Get the
librarians to test.

If its all ok, do this again and call it live :)

> 3. What steps do I need to do to upgrade the 3.01 to the 3.06 system?

See above :)

> 4. Currently the system is working on localhost but we will need to get it
> working on our internet site.  What configuration changes are needed to
> work both internally and externally?

You will need to play with the apache config file in sites-enabled to
get the virtual host listening on the names/numbers you want it too.

Hope this helps

Chris