[Koha] Installer error on database initialization

Tom Hanstra tom at nd.edu
Thu Sep 22 04:51:18 NZST 2011

I've run into a problem with a database setting somewhere.

I ran the installer a few days ago and it worked properly to install the
database tables into the remote server database which I specified.

Today, I ran the installer again with what I thought were the same
parameters, but with a different database name because I wanted a clean
install.  But this time, instead of properly using the remote server, I
get an error that the installer cannot DROP a table and it is obvious
from the error message that it is not using the remote server.

What might I have missed?  The koha-conf.xml file shows the remote
database server configured, so why might the installer not be properly
using that?

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,
Tom

      Tom Hanstra                              Systems Administrator
      Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
      213 Hesburgh Library                     Email: tom at nd.edu
      Notre Dame, IN  46556

      Every day, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.
                                                          Dr. Seuss