[Koha] Koha suppression of records

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Sep 9 03:46:16 NZST 2011

All,
We are having a problem with suppression of newly created records in
Koha and wonder how others are handling the work flow with newly created
records and items. We have/had some of our frameworks set up where the
default for the 942 subfield n was 1 so that a record when created would
be automatically suppressed.  But that record can't be unsuppressed,
apparently and stay in that framework because when saved, the default
setting puts it back to 1  - suppressed.  So we were going to then leave
the default framework  to be unsuppressed, meaning that if a record is
"finished" it has be be changed to default.  The problem is the the 952
fields are set according to framework - because we have so many
different types of materials and collections that adding new items goes
much faster when you are in the right framework.  But if you change a
records framework to add items, then you must remember to change it back
every time to get it unsuppressed again.  So, our system isn't working.

I'm having a hard time convincing the staff this isn't a bug in Koha,
that it just is the way it works.  So my question is, what does work?

Linda Culberson      lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
P. O. Box 571
Jackson, MS 39205-0571
Telephone:  601/576-6873   Fax:  601/576-6824