[Koha] Cataloguing Electronic resources

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Fri Sep 2 02:15:43 NZST 2011

Hello,

just wanted to let you guys know that for
http://www.bibliotheque-helenorg
we used item-types to distinguish books in the public domain from
copyrighted material.
That was because we thought we could then use different rules to control
who can borrow what.
CCodes where used to store file formats, IIRC.
And I think we used itemnumbers as barcodes, which allowed us to use the
borrow API when a book was downloaded. So IIRC a download meant for us
borrowing the item and returning it back immediatly.
That's a job I did a long time ago but I think I'm correct about all
that.
Best wishes,
Sébastien.