[Koha] Changing the way passwords are entered in the staff client

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Oct 21 08:23:38 NZDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> I could give it up BUT why would we need to?
>
> A cool thing I've seen on dtc (package dtc-common) in debian is a
> button next to the password field that uses javascript to fill it
> with random characters and change it to type="text"

This is what I've done. Clicking the link will replace the
password-type input fields with text-type input fields and fill with
the same randomly-generated password the script already generates.

Here's very brief screencast showing the two options (sorry, Flash required):

http://screencast.com/t/zi1Tb03B7fBu

I'll post the patch shortly.

  -- Owen

--