[Koha] perl version with 3.4.5

Seaman, Graham Graham.Seaman at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 00:03:53 NZDT 2011

Hi,

I'm in the middle of my first Koha install. I'm running on CentOS 5.7 with perl 5.8.8. The Koha INSTALL file says 'You need to have a server running perl 5.8.8 or later',
but 'make test' is failing due to perl 5.10-isms (eg C4/Search.pm line 497 'unless ( $data ~~ @used_datas )'.

I'm on a server being used for other things and really don't want to try using a non-package-managed perl. Are the 5.10-isms few and far between, in which case I can probably patch round them, or would I be better regressing to an older version? If so, which is the most recent version I can use without perl 5.10 dependencies?

Thanks
Graham