[Koha] SIPServer Assistance

Michael Cleary mcleary at sinsec.com
Fri Oct 14 10:36:57 NZDT 2011

Hello community.

I am looking for assistance with setting up the SIPServer for Overdrive
access. I am new to SIP and have found various docs on how to setup SIP with
3M machines, but not a lot about Overdrive.
I have setup a SIP user as staff with circ access and configured the
SIPServer.xml. I can start the SIP service and log in.
When I telnet in to the service, I get the following:

### telnet session ###

telnet my.host.org 8023
Trying 1.11.11.11...
Connected to my.host.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
login: abcsip
password: driveover
Login OK.  Initiating SIP
9300CNabcsip|COdrive|CCABC
941
63001201110131610000 0000000000  AOABC|AA12345678901234
64      00120111013
171831000000000000000000000000AOABC|AA12345678901234|AEService
User|BLY|CC10|BD316 Bloomfield
St|BEuser at email.com|BF718.555.1212|PB19741201|PCVOLUNTEER|PIY|AFGreetings
from Koha. |

###  end telnet session ###

To me, this looks like it is working. I am able to run a few different AA
numbers and get the correct results.
Now for the question.

I need to make sure that PC, PF and AQ fields are available and correct. I
see that PC is in my Message 64, but how do I ask for PF and AQ?
I am also a bit lost when it comes to what the summary field is. I set mine
to 0000000000 in the Message 63 to get a 64 that didn't start 64YYYY.

Could someone please explain to me how to get at least PC PF and AQ from the
Patron Information?

What else, if anything,  do I have to do in ether the SIP configuration or
Koha configuration?

Thank you for your help,
Mike