[Koha] cleanup_database.pl

Tom Hanstra tom at nd.edu
Fri Oct 14 09:24:23 NZDT 2011

Chris,

I was wondering which date was used.  Is it lasttime?  In this case, it
is the same time stamp:

lasttime: '1315496500'

I'll look into memcached.  That might be a good option for us.

Thanks,
Tom

On 10/13/2011 04:04 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:
> On 14 October 2011 08:46, Tom Hanstra<tom at nd.edu>  wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem in how I'm running the
>> clean_database.pl script...
>>
>> Running the script, it says the sessions are going to be purged:
>>
>> $ PERL5LIB=$PERL5LIB $KOHA_CRON_PATH/cleanup_database.pl -v --sessions
>> --sessdays 2
>> Session purge triggered with days>2.
>> 0 sessions were deleted.
>> Done with session purge with days>2.
>>
>> But there are sessions older than 2 days:
>>
>> mysql>  select * from sessions;
>> | 00000ea4915d23eff57160797fdd1d55 | ---
>> _SESSION_ATIME: '1315496500'
>> _SESSION_CTIME: '1315496500'
>> _SESSION_ID: 00000ea4915d23eff57160797fdd1d55
>>
>> and Unix time stamp '1315496500' translates to 'Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:41:40
>> GMT'.
>>
> Hmm nope that should have worked. One thing I would encourage you to
> do Tom, is to switch from using mysql for session storage, to using
> memcached. You will get a nice speed increase and not have to worry
> about purging the db table also.
>
> If you are on 3.4.0 or later you should have this option available.
>
> Back to your problem what is the rest of the session data is there a
> bit that says lasttime: ?
>
> Chris

      Tom Hanstra                              Systems Administrator
      Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
      213 Hesburgh Library                     Email: tom at nd.edu
      Notre Dame, IN  46556

                         Please stop, I'm bored.
                                                Miss Sweetie Poo