[Koha] Resistance to Acquisitions

Buster storypage at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:35:51 NZDT 2011

Thanks so much for the helpful input. It turns out I misinterpreted the
signals from my fellow staff. We will be using the acquisitions module,
after all.

--Jim

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Liz Rea <lrea at nekls.org> wrote:

> NExpress does not use acquisitions, and we have 38 libraries. Each library
> does their own thing regarding acquisitions and they don't seem to mind it
> one bit that it's not integrated into the ILS.
>
> Liz Rea
> lrea at nekls.org
>

> On Nov 1, 2011, at 8:09 PM, Buster wrote:
>

> > Hi. We are just in the process of migrating from Dinosaur Dynix to Koha,
> thanks to ByWater Solutions. An acquisition module is not a part of our old
> system. Nicole Engard is in town training us and went over acquisitions
> today. There is a surprising (to me) amount of resistance toward using
> Koha's acquisition. They seem like they would rather continue the way
> things are with spreadsheets and such. Which got me wondering...
> >
> > How common is this? I mean, how many of you folks out there among public
> libraries do NOT use Koha Acquisitions? If not, why not? If you do use it,
> why?
> >
> > Just curious mostly, but also I would like to have something from other
> libraries to share with my colleagues, pro or con. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Jim

"The man, who, by his own and his family's labour, can provide a
sufficiency of food and raiment and a comfortable dwelling place, is not a
poor man." --William Cobbett, *Cottage Economy*, 1826.