[Koha] Branches and circulation rules

library library at katikaticollege.school.nz
Wed Nov 9 09:57:51 NZDT 2011

Tena koutou

We are struggling to understand the way individual branches work. We would
like to create an independent branch to issue laptops to students (and
departmental resources later) which will not be affected by how many
library books students have overdue. I have tried setting circulation rules
in the laptop issues branch to be completely different to those in our
library but this has not worked. Are we able to define differing borrow
rules for the same patron at different libraries. Could someone direct me
to more complete instructions on how the overdues systems work or how
circulation rules work.

We are still using 3.2 but will be migrating to 3.6 in the New Year.

Thanks

Ann Murphy
Librarian
Katikati College