[Koha] Resistance to Acquisitions

Buster storypage at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:09:40 NZDT 2011

Hi. We are just in the process of migrating from Dinosaur Dynix to Koha,
thanks to ByWater Solutions. An acquisition module is not a part of our old
system. Nicole Engard is in town training us and went over acquisitions
today. There is a surprising (to me) amount of resistance toward using
Koha's acquisition. They seem like they would rather continue the way
things are with spreadsheets and such. Which got me wondering...

How common is this? I mean, how many of you folks out there among public
libraries do NOT use Koha Acquisitions? If not, why not? If you do use it,
why?

Just curious mostly, but also I would like to have something from other
libraries to share with my colleagues, pro or con. Thanks in advance.

Jim Maroon