[Koha] Record matching for biblios without ISBN or ISSN

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Nov 1 07:25:48 NZDT 2011

Curiously, when I searched for s-01403 (the control number for one of
the biblios in question) in the simple search box, the result was
perfect, just that biblio and no others.

We're running 3.2 if it makes a difference.
Elaine

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Ian Bays <ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> The Control-number search term is set up in zebra as word or phrase.  You
> can check what is found from the simple-search box by typing:
>
> Control-number="123456"
> and searching for that.
> However if you use hyphens then that is treated as white space so if you
> have records with:
> 123-456
> and one with
> 123-678
> and one with
> 123
> in the 001 tag then searching for 123 will find them all.
> This might explain why they do not find a unique match.
>
> It might be possible to change the zebra configuration or add an index to be
> more literal but that takes it to another level.
> I hope that explains a bit.
>
> Cheers.
>
> On 31/10/2011 18:01, Elaine Bradtke wrote:
>>
>> I followed the example here (control number is what I want it to match
>> on)
>> http://manual.koha-community.org/3.2/en/catadmin.html#recordmatchingrules
>> But now I don't get any matches at all.
>> Our control numbers are a combination of letters and numbers with
>> punctuation (sometimes dashes, sometimes full stops).  There is no
>> explanation of what offset, length and normalization mean so I am just
>> blindly imitating what's there rather than making an informed choice.
>> Does our punctuation require different settings?
>> Elaine
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Ian Bays<ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Elaine,
>>>
>>> Yes as long as your unique number is in the 001 you can set up a new
>>> match
>>> rule referring to "Control-number" and match on that.  I use that quite a
>>> lot.  I think I posted about it about a year ago.
>>> The Community documentation should be enough to get you going but do come
>>> back if you need more detail.
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>> Ian

>>> --
>>> Ian Bays
>>> Director of Projects
>>> PTFS Europe
>>> mobile: +44 (0) 7774995297
>>> phone: +44 (0) 800 756 6803
>>> skype: ian.bays
>>> email: ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com

> Ian Bays
> Director of Projects
> PTFS Europe
> mobile: +44 (0) 7774995297
> phone: +44 (0) 800 756 6803
> skype: ian.bays
> email: ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
and Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me
personally, send an e-mail first. I work off site)