[Koha] Record matching for biblios without ISBN or ISSN

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Nov 1 07:14:21 NZDT 2011

Hi.
The Control-number search term is set up in zebra as word or phrase.
You can check what is found from the simple-search box by typing:

Control-number="123456"
and searching for that.
However if you use hyphens then that is treated as white space so if you
have records with:
123-456
and one with
123-678
and one with
123
in the 001 tag then searching for 123 will find them all.
This might explain why they do not find a unique match.

It might be possible to change the zebra configuration or add an index
to be more literal but that takes it to another level.
I hope that explains a bit.

Cheers.