[Koha] barcodes not visible in OPAC

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue May 31 22:18:42 NZST 2011

We recently upgraded to 3.04.01 - Staff who work in the reading room
have told me they can no longer see the item barcodes in the OPAC.  I
have a feeling this has something to do with the way Koha now handles
the item records.

The MARC framework is set to display barcodes (952p) in the OPAC. But
they don't appear anywhere.  As a stopgap I tried to get it to display
in the ISBD but that doesn't work either.

Barcodes are critical in our library as a means of differentiation
between multiple (sometimes annotated) copies shelved in different
locations.  Many of our readers make use of them.  Is there any way I
can get them to display in the OPAC, or do I have to request an
enhancement/ bug fix?

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler