[Koha] Koha: how to move 3.2 settings moved to 3.4

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat May 28 08:06:08 NZST 2011

On 28 May 2011 07:16, Linda Culberson <lculber at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:
> All,
> We've done a fresh git install of 3.4.1 and were wondering is if there
> is a quick and easy way to get our system preferences, frameworks, and
> other settings moved from 3.2 over to 3.4.1.  I was going to do a fresh
> install of our marc records, so I was less concerned about moving
> biblios. biblioitems, and items, but a dump seemed simplest except for
> the databases being so different.
>
> I looked at
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Installation_Documentation but it
> doesn't mention migration. Is that information somewhere I've missed?

Normally you make a copy of your db, and upgrade it, but an easy way
to do it. If you have commandline access,

there is a script misc/admin/koha-preferences

That can dump and import system preferences. Alternatively you can
mysqldump the systempreferences table in the old db and load that in
to the new one.

Chris