[Koha] Level software developing skills required for Koha

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Sat May 28 01:11:57 NZST 2011

Hi,

On May 27, 2011, at 6:12 AM, R Sunil Kumar wrote:
> We would like to know what kind of technical specification is required for customizing and developing new features of koha other than having knowledge of PERL.

If you mean technical knowledge?  Besides Perl, a well-rounded Koha developer should also know JavaScript and CSS, be familiar with MySQL.  More specific things to know or learn include jQuery, Template Toolkit, and the version control system Git.  Development practices that a developer should be familiar with include writing test cases.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton