[Koha] DO i have to have zebra to search for Item under KOHA?

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Tue May 17 07:12:44 NZST 2011

Yes, you should have zebra properly configured and running.  See the INSTALL.<distro> file for instructions on getting zebra up and running.  Also, there is an FAQ on the website regarding searching: http://koha-community.org/documentation/faq/searching/

In addition make sure that you don't have the NoZebra option set to Don't Use (this is deprecated, so even if it is an option you should get zebra running correctly).

The stumbling block for me when I set this up was making sure the user that I was starting zebrasrv under had permissions to all the necessary files.

Make sure you follow the INSTALL.<distro> instructions for getting a cron job set up to automatically run the rebuild_zebra.pl script also.

Best,

Doug