[Koha] Need a user friendly Koha users list

Breeding, Marshall marshall.breeding at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon May 16 03:01:34 NZST 2011

Vimal’s message prompts me to suggest that libraries using Koha review their information in lib-web-cats.

While there may be reasons to keep a separate listing on the community’s wiki, there are also advantages to also registering libraries using Koha in lib-web-cats.  The lib-web-cats international directory of libraries aims to include all of the libraries that use Koha, as well as other library automation systems.   It currently lists 1,285 Koha libraries:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/libraries.pl?ILS=Koha
http://www.librarytechnology.org/map.pl?ILS=Koha

Inclusion on the Koha wiki provides a few more details on Koha version numbers and such (which are quickly outdated) and is a good resource for the Koha community.  lib-web-cats has a broad audience and provides exposure regarding the impact of Koha worldwide.  It is a component of Library Technology Guides (www.librarytechnology.org<http://www.librarytechnology.org>) which provides many resources on library automation products and organizations, including both open source and propriety options.

I do hope that any libraries involved with Koha that are not already included in lib-web-cats use this form to submit your information:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/lwc-submit-library.pl
(Please search to be sure it’s not already listed to avoid duplicate entries)

You can also just drop me an e-mail with the information.

-marshall

Marshall Breeding
Editor, Library Technology Guides
http://www.librarytechnology.org