[Koha] Koha - Reference copies on opac-search.pl results list

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed May 11 03:11:10 NZST 2011

All,
I was wondering how libraries with open-shelf reference materials are
handling the "Place a Hold" link in the search results page
(opac-search.pl).   As of this instant (and we're a "work in progress")
, we have "Copies available for reference" meaning they are open shelf
and not on loan (i.e.  reference materials like encyclopedias, etc)  and
"Copies available for loan"

It's a bit wordy, and we may need to come up with a way of saying which
reference room location they are in, because we have 3.  You can see
that if you click on the opac-detail, but it might be nice to have it on
the search results page?

Anyway, my real question, does anyone else have a "problem" (okay, not a
problem, but an "issue"?) with materials having only reference copies,
and then having the hold link?   The "Sorry none of these items can be
placed on hold"  is okay, but I was thinking about maybe  some
javascript to hide the Hold link if there are no copies available for loan.

Thanks in advance.
Linda Culberson      lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
P. O. Box 571
Jackson, MS 39205-0571
Telephone:  601/576-6873   Fax:  601/576-6824