[Koha] Tag 100

Justin Unrau justin at prosentient.com.au
Tue May 10 11:35:48 NZST 2011

Hi Michael,

Generally those authority fields are locked so cataloguers can ensure everyone's only using the
correct spellings and format for the fields. If you want to be able to edit 1XX fields directly
in bib records, you need to turn on the ability.

Under Koha Administration > (Global) System Preferences if you go to the Authorities tab there
is a preference entitled BiblioAddsAuthorities. Switch that to "allow" and save the Authorities
preferences. You should be able to type in those locked 1XX fields now.

(Speaking with my cataloguer's hat on, once you're out of testing it'd probably be best to leave
that as "don't allow" so you don't have an untamed thistle patch of authority records. But maybe
that's just me.)

I hope that helped.

Justin Unrau
--