[Koha] need help with OPAC/cataloging and adding items

holyfamilytechs at hotmail.com holyfamilytechs at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 07:23:38 NZST 2011

After doing a search and finding the info from z39.50 i selected import then
save and a new page shows with
Items for xxxbook name etc xxx. (Record #23)
Add Item
0 - Withdrawn status
etc

I input through drop down or it automatically populates the field when
selected (d - Date acquired, p - Barcode, y - Koha item type)

I then select Add Item button - thats when the following error shows

Koha error
The following fatal error has occurred:

found MARCXML element datafield, but the <record> wrapper is missing at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 474
Apache Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (Ubuntu) Server built: Nov 18 2010
21:17:29
Koha 3.00.00.107
Koha DB 3.0000107
MySQL mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.49, for debian-linux-gnu (i686) using
readline 6.1
OS Linux LibrarySrv 2.6.35-28-generic-pae #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 18 20:43:15
UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
Perl 5.010001

This is very new to me and would love any input. FYI this is a new install
so its not like it was working and then stopped.