[Koha] Customizing OPAC

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu May 5 00:23:27 NZST 2011

> Now I have one other question... I need to modify the HTML code in the
> the page...

If you do this you will have difficulty upgrading Koha. Your changes
will be overwritten at upgrade time and you will have to duplicate
them.

One way to mitigate this problem is to do your work in a branch of a
git repository. If you decide to proceed with editing Koha templates
then I HIGHLY recommend you do it within git.

If you still really really want to edit templates, then look in
opac-tmpl/prog/en (or your language) /modules

The advanced search page is opac-advsearch.tmpl (opac-advsearch.tt if
you're on 3.4).

Another option you should consider is to use custom JavaScript to
modify your pages. This option works well for simple changes and
eliminates the upgrade problem. The drawback is that it only affects
users who have JavaScript enabled.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer