[Koha] Circulation Speed

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 12:06:32 NZDT 2011

2011/3/23 library <library at katikaticollege.school.nz>:
> Kia Ora
> We have finally gone live with our Koha installation, but the circulation
> speed is dire.
> I upgraded our browser to Google Chrome, but it is no faster. We also walked
> around the school to see if the distance from the server was an issue.
> Can anyone offer a solution to our problem.
> Using…
> Version 3.02.03.000
> Linux Koha 2.6.32-28-generic-pae #55-Ubuntu…

Hi Anne

Did the people who did the install for you tune mysql? There is a good
post here about it
http://libraryhacker.org/2011/03/15/defaulting-to-functional-but-slow/

I suspect that that, or lack of RAM on the server would be the cause,
those have always been the causes I have run into in the past.

Chris