[Koha] Anyone working on a "simplified interface" for cataloging?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sun Mar 20 01:48:41 NZDT 2011

Indranil,

As you vaguely remember, I have done some work on this. All my work is in my
public git repository:
https://github.com/jcamins/koha/tree/simple_cataloging

I wrote the interface in Template::Toolkit, so it's not ready for merging
yet, even once its entirely functional. If you have any further questions,
let me know.

Regards,
Jared

2011/3/19 Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I've a need to position Koha 3.2 for a scenario where we are not going to
> get trained catalogers / lib pros. We are planning to use MARC21 at the
> back, but it would be great if the marc fields and tags can be hidden away
> from the users.
>
> I vaguely remember seeing something last year from Jared Camins that he was
> working on something like this - "easy cataloging interface"
>
> Any hints / tips?
>
> tia
>
> cheers
> -indra
>

> --
> Indranil Das Gupta
>
> Phone : +91-98300-20971
> Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
> IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
> Twitter : indradg

> Please exchange editable Office documents only in ODF Format. No other
> format is acceptable. Support Open Standards.
>
> For a free editor supporting ODF, please visit LibreOffice -
> http://www.documentfoundation.org

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/