[Koha] Split Call Numbers--Variation

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Mar 15 10:18:59 NZDT 2011

Hi Anne,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Anne (library) Warrington
<librarymail at ggsoftwerks.com> wrote:
> Since splitting call numbers has come up, can anyone tell me what to do
> with a non-classification number call number? My Library of Congress
> numbers split mostly OK but my fiction just uses three letters of the
> author's surname, i.e. FIC SMI for "Fiction Collection" author "Smith."
> No matter what I do I can't get the spine labels to print as follows:
>
> FIC
> SMI
>
> Any suggestions?

What version of Koha are you using?

The generic splitting algorithm should split this fine:

:~/Repositories/koha.3.2.labels/t (label_template_work)$
./Labels_split_ccn.t 'FIC SMI' 'FIC,SMI'
1..9
ok 1 - use C4::Labels::Label;
ok 2 - ddcn: FIC SMI
ok 3 - split expected to produce 2 pieces
ok 4 - C4::Labels::Label::_split_ccn(FIC SMI)
ok 5 - 2 of 2 pieces produced
ok 6 - (FIC SMI)[0] populated: FIC
ok 7 - (FIC SMI)[0]   matches: FIC
ok 8 - (FIC SMI)[1] populated: SMI