[Koha] Regular performance problems

Chris Hobbs chobbs at nhusd.k12.ca.us
Tue Mar 15 09:57:37 NZDT 2011

  On 3/14/11 10:23 AM, LAURENT Henri-Damien wrote:
> Le 14/03/2011 18:09, Chris Hobbs a écrit :
>> OK, any ideas? Other troubleshooting info I can provide? It's gotten to
>> the point that we're losing a decent amount of time every day to this issue.
> Innodb file management is quite important for performance.
> We wrote a performance blog post
> http://www.biblibre.com/en/blog/entry/mysql-default-config-and-very-large-koha-database
> you might find it interesting.
> Also, you should check that your kernel is at least bigmem enabled.
> Last but not least, check that you are not sending too many queries at
> once. We had that problem once. Solution could be to use a firewall to
> block more than 10 requests of the same page from same ip in a short
> amount of time (say less than 3 second for instance)
> There also has been an interesting discussion on performance tweeking on
> apache on list
> http://www.mail-archive.com/koha-devel@lists.koha-community.org/msg00074.html
> Hope that helps
Henri,

Thanks so much for the pointers. I was able to implement all of the DB
suggestions, moved the zebra indexes to another disk, and configured
mod_perl. Performance seems to have improved, and I'm hoping to make it
through the rest of the day without more stalls.

--
Chris Hobbs
Director, Technology