[Koha] Is KOHA suitable for Digital Library?

atiqse atiqse at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:04:10 NZDT 2011

Thank you very much Thomas & Other respected guys on the forum for their
valuable inputs and expert opinions.

I am currently running across a mix of Integrated Library and Digital
Library Solution requirements:

At the moment we don't have any library system for our library so On the one
hand we want to implement a complete integrated library system (ILS) to
manage the library for example Full catalog, circulation and acquisitions
system for library stock management, Print own barcodes, Serials management,
Web based OPAC system and other library mangement related modules.

Whereas on the other hand we also want to digitize all the books into pdf
and tiff format to make a digital repository so that these books can be
searched, viewed and read online (using the same Webbased OPAC module).

In the light of above scenario what could be the best potential solution? I
really appreciate your feedback and your expert opinion.

Thanks & Regards
ATEEQ