[Koha] rebuild_zebra issue

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Fri Mar 11 07:12:09 NZDT 2011

 > We run Koha 3.02.00.004 and we have a problem with rebuild_zebra. In
 > some circumstances, when we load and update records, double index
 > entries corresponding to the same record (same biblionumber) appear
 > when we search the catalog. The first entry is the old index entry and
 > the second for the new state or the record. It's a big catalog : more
 > than 900 000 bib records.  If we run ./rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r -x -v,
 > double entries disappear.

 > I don't see anything strange in our settings.  Does anybody have any
 > idea on what happens and if there is a mistake in our settings or a
 > misunderstanding ?

At which periodicity do you run rebuild_zebra.pl? With such a large
catalog you may run an instance of the script whith a previous one still
running. You could try to run rebuild_zebra less frequently. If your
records are 'clean', you can also run rebuild_zebra with 'nosanitize'
option. It will significantly decrease rebuild_zebra execution time.

Regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html