[Koha] Fwd: Request to mailing list LibLime-Users rejected

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Mar 11 06:13:40 NZDT 2011

Buster wrote:
> On a recent visit to a library consortium in Texas that uses LibLime, the
> director of that system told me about a LibLime listserv. Figuring I might
> receive different information from that list (and thus allowing me to pass
> on pros and cons to our director, instead of just cons), I attempted to sign
> on to the list, only to receive the the below rejection notice. So much for
> "open source". Why the secretive approach if the system is not proprietary?

I agree that PTFS appears to have a strange approach that looks like
coralling their users into a private discussion space.  In some ways
that's good, because it means users of the LL-specific forks aren't
confusing everyone on the community lists, but I guess it has more
drawbacks for potential users.

The co-op has an email list for co-op-specific announcements which I
feel wouldn't be appropriate here (upgrades, service notices, special
offers and so on), but I'll subscribe potential users on request.

Like most support companies I think, we encourage our users to
participate in the main koha-community discussions.  One of our
clients started the smaller UK-specific LIS-KOHA email list at
jiscmail but I think it's still vendor-neutral and open to all.

Regards,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha