[Koha] Koha software based self-check

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
Thu Mar 10 17:42:31 NZDT 2011

I'm planning to use a cheap touchscreen - would that work as well as the simple interface implies?

Best regards
/Viktor Sarge
Library adviser
Regional development council Halland

(Sweden)

10 mar 2011 kl. 00:37 skrev "Chris Nighswonger" <cnighswonger at foundations.edu<mailto:cnighswonger at foundations.edu>>:

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Magnus Enger <<mailto:magnus at enger.priv.no>magnus at enger.priv.no<mailto:magnus at enger.priv.no>> wrote:
On 9 March 2011 21:14, Joann Ransom <<mailto:jransom at library.org.nz>jransom at library.org.nz<mailto:jransom at library.org.nz>> wrote:
> USB keyboards and mice are hot swappable. When we need to leave PCs in
> public area we log them in, then take away the mouse and keyboard, plugging
> them back in at the end of the day when its time to log off the PC.

Heh, that is clever! But if there is no mouse, is there any way for
patrons to terminate their "session"? Or does their list of borrowed
stuff remain on the screen until the page reloads/autoterminates the
session (after 120,000 milliseconds, apparently)? And does that not
make it possible (not to say unavoidable) for the next patron in line
to register books on the account of the previous patron who used the
self checkout?

We leave the mouse hooked up and instruct our patrons to be sure to end their own session.