[Koha] How to install by uploading through FTP

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Mar 4 03:16:48 NZDT 2011

>> Would it make more sense, in the long-term, to develop Koha as an FTPable
>> application?
>
> the problem here is not installing Koha
> but needing root/sudo privs to install Koha's system-level *dependencies*

I think this is the main point: It would be nice to simplify Koha's
installation, but Koha's technical requirements make it impossible (as
far as I understand it).

> typing 'sudo apt-get install koha' is just as easy as typing 'sudo apt-get install wordpress', no?

The question is about accommodating users who only have FTP access.
Users without command-line access cannot sudo apt-get anything!

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries