[Koha] Is it possible to change the session timeout in Koha 3 ?

Thierry Delettre thierry.delettre at ensmp.fr
Fri Mar 4 00:44:12 NZDT 2011

Hi there everybody,

Is it possible to change the session timeout in Koha v3 ? After something like 15 mn inactivity you have to login again, and it bugs the library staff a lot.

I have seen a system preference named timeout in the Admin tab, but it does not seem like it's the thing I am looking for :

- its default value is huge (12000000 seconds), but timeout occurs after about 15 mn.
(I'm sure everybody in this library would like a session timeout of 12000000 seconds, of course)

- it is defined as something related to cookies authentication

- it is recommended not to change this setting (why ?)

Is there another system preference I have overlooked, or even a value hardcoded somewhere in the Koha source that could be modified to change the session timeout ?

Thanks a lot, and have a nice day,

Thierry D

---

Thierry Delettre
Responsable Informatique
Bibliothèque de l'Ecole des Mines de Paris
email : thierry.delettre at mines-paristech.fr