[Koha] Retrieving records that use diacriticals

Paula Corman Paula.Corman at themim.org
Thu Mar 3 10:00:01 NZDT 2011

We are cataloging many non-English titles that use diacriticals.  In order to resolve the issue of searching by author or title without using diacriticals, I used the 720 tag (Uncontrolled Name) but when I try to retrieve the record on that field, I cannot bring it up.  Should I use indicators or omit them?  Is the name inverted or regular order? Should I use another tag? And while I'm on the topic of foreign languages, what about alternative tags for title?

Paula Corman |  Acting Librarian |  MIM-Musical Instrument Museum
4725 East Mayo Boulevard  |  Phoenix, AZ 85050  |  480.478.6000 main  |  480.245.6906 direct
480.471.8690 fax  |  paula.corman at themim.org<mailto:mary.farmer at themim.org>  |  www.themim.org<http://www.themim.org>