[Koha] cron jobs under Debian koha-common & koha-create

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:13:51 NZDT 2011

I'm still figuring out how to setup and configure my Koha - using
multiple instances via koha-common and koha-create - excellent work
BTW, works a treat for testing!

After setting Authorities, I checked the system preferences'
"dontmerge" and I saw the note about "ask your administrator to enable
the merge_authorities.pl cronjob" (I wish I had an administrator 8-)

I haven't messed with cron for a while, so I'll be brushing up, but I
see the /etc/cron.d/koha-common takes care of the Zebra indexing - I
just can't figure out how it handles the multiple instances (isn't it
supposed to be running as the kohauser in each case?

If I want to add other cronjobs, should I just add to that file, or
should I set up a "normal" crontab for root?

Should I copy over lines from koha's crontab.example (less the
duplicated zebra one of course)?

Thanks in advance. . .