[Koha] Deb package causes conflicts

Mahesh T Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 03:40:40 NZST 2011

Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz> writes:

 > You do need mpm-itk for the packages to work.
>
 > Chris

Is there any documentation on this?

Debian currently has four versions of the apache2 webserver -

*-event, *-prefork, *-itk and *-worker.

Of these, suppose, if I want php5 too installed on the system, I need to
use prefork _only_. Or have I got something wrong?

<extract from apt-cache show libapache2-mod-php5>

This package provides the PHP5 module for the Apache 2 webserver (as
 found in the apache2-mpm-prefork package).  Please note that this
 package
 ONLY works with Apache's prefork MPM, as it is not compiled
 thread-safe.

Version: 5.3.6-12

</extract>

I ask, because my librarian is asking to install some php script, which
shows the "new arrivals", and I have only -worker installed. I have
promised a dirty hack based on rss.pl for her...

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
L'homme est libre au moment qu'il veut l'etre.