[Koha] Koha - problem with holds

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Jun 17 06:37:31 NZST 2011

All,  We are on 3.4.1 and are getting an error message in the staff
client for every hold for every type of patron and all item types,
saying that the "None of these items can normally be put on hold for
this patron"  After placing a hold, There is a message to "Please
retrieve the items and check them in." when they weren't checked out.
If I manually check in an unchecked-out material before placing a hold
on it, I don't get the "None of these items can be normally ...." error.

I have AllowOnShelfHolds  set to "Allow" hold requests to be placed on
items that are not checked out.
ReservesNeedReturns is set to "Automatically" mark holds as found and
waiting when a hold is placed specifically on them and they are already
checked in.

Are one or both of these settings incorrect?  Or do I have something
else that may be set incorrectly?

Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Linda Culberson      lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
P. O. Box 571
Jackson, MS 39205-0571
Telephone:  601/576-6873   Fax:  601/576-6824