[Koha] Problems with items and barcodes in 3.4

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Jun 15 00:31:46 NZST 2011

We're having problems with our item records since upgrading to 3.4.

I reported earlier that after upgrading to 3.4, newly created biblios
show "no items" in the hit list in staff interface (though they show
up in the OPAC). This is still not resolved.

Another possibly related issue - barcode searches fail, on all records
- old and new. We get the messages: No results match your search for
'kw,wrdl: 17020' or No results match your search for 'bc,wrdl: 17020'
if you search for barcode specifically.

When we upgraded we ran the script to remove item data from the
marcxml.  Is there a way to check that this worked correctly? Will it
cause problems if we run it again?

But even so, that shouldn't cause problems with the post-upgrade
cataloguing, should it?
Any thoughts on what we should check or how we might solve these
problems would be greatly appreciated.

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler