[Koha] Uploading the database from excel to KOHA : Copies not available / Missing

R Sunil Kumar sunil.kumar at ecoleglobal.com
Tue Jun 14 17:27:13 NZST 2011

Dear All,

I am trying to upload the database from excel file to KOHA below are the
list of fields available in the excel sheet and the corresponding MARC tags
code.

But when I upload the data to the KOHA using MarcEdit Software, as there is
multiple copies of single ISBN number, I have used the matching rules (ISBN
as unique identifier) and it had successfully matched the record and
displayed the record number wherever there is a matching of records (biblio
number). Database is successfully created message comes and display the
biblio number.

But when I do OPAC search it display two option.

Error 1: Copies does not exit

Error 2: Copies available in (library branch name) but when I try to Place
Hold, it shows copies not available or missing.

Accession Number

082$b

Language

041$a

Language

041$a

Language

041$a

Location

952$c

Status

952$4

CallNumber

082$a

Title

245$a

Reminder Title

245$b

Author 1

245$c

Author 2

700$a

Author 3

700$a

ISBN

020$a

Barcode

952$p

Publisher Name

260$b

Place of Publication

260$a

Year of Publication

260$c

Subject 1

650$v

Subject 2

650$v

Subject 3

650$v

Volume

440$v

Pages

300$a

Cover Type (Paperback/Hardbound)

300$b

Edition

260$a

Editor

700$a

Translator

700$a

Series Name

490$a

Price

952$o

Currency

Condition

952$a

Receipt Date

Remark

500$a

Can anybody please share the pre-migration / post migration requirements for
migration database from Excel to Koha.

Thanks and Regards

R Sunil Kumar

Library Technologist

cid:image001.jpg at 01CC250B.5782A730

Ecole Solutions Pvt Ltd

Level 15  Concorde Towers  UB City  1 Vittal Mallya Road

Bangalore 560001,India

Mobile: +91 9686576695  Fax: +91 80 40300400

eMail: sunil.kumar at ecoleglobal.com  Web: www.ecoleglobal.com