[Koha] Why are there 2 versions?

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Jun 7 09:10:20 NZST 2011

Le 03/06/2011 21:06, Paul a écrit :
> Quite frankly, my only
> concern at this point is to get rid of Zebra and integrate different search
> methodology which is apparently not high on the Koha horizon;
Hi Paul, here is Paul ;-)

This is high on BibLibre list, definetly ! we are convinced that
switching to a new search engine like solR is a must. And we've 2
libraries that have sponsored this work. That won't be in 3.6 (I think),
but I think it should/must be in a 4.0 version (reminder : we switched
from v1 to v2 then v3 when a major structural change has been done (v1->
v2 = MARC support, v2-> v3 = zebra search engine).
We started a thread about this switch to explain the limits we see with
zebra, have organised meetings, some ppl have tested what we did (thx
thomas ;-) ), we will probably speak about that on koha-devel in some
weeks (during/after summer ?)

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN