[Koha] leading zeroes in 001 and UseControlNumber

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Sat Jun 4 06:33:30 NZST 2011

All,
Is there a way to use UseControlNumber to use the record control number
($w subfields) and control number (001) for linking of the bibliographic
records if the 001 has leading zeroes?   Or, is there a way to strip the
leading zeroes short of manipulating the marc record and reloading?

What we've found is that what we really are wanting to match now are
either the absolute value of the control number or the biblionumber.

Thanks in advance.
Linda Culberson      lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
P. O. Box 571
Jackson, MS 39205-0571
Telephone:  601/576-6873   Fax:  601/576-6824