[Koha] database upgrade errors (3.0.5-->3.4.x)

Christopher Chagal chagal at amphilsoc.org
Wed Jun 1 01:58:57 NZST 2011

Hello all,

Just looking for reassurance that the errors I'm seeing in my database
upgrade output are nothing to worry about. Most of them are messages about
tables, columns and entries already existing in the database. There is one
that I've highlighted below that looks more worrisome.

http://pastebin.com/zNgxik9Q

Line 161:

DBD::mysql::db do failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key
constraint fails (`koha/#sql-755_1d`, CONSTRAINT
`subscriptionroutinglist_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`subscriptionid`) REFERENCES
`subscription` (`subscriptionid`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) at
installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line 3835.

1. Am I correct about the duplicate tables, columns & entries errors not
being a concern?
2. We don't use the serials routing list; can I ignore this error?

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

Christopher Chagal
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society - Library Hall
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299

chagal at amphilsoc.org