[Koha] MARC mapping

nreese nicholas.reese at ffa.int
Thu Jul 28 11:56:54 NZST 2011

I have had an email reply from one of our sister organisations who runs Koha,
and this is their answer. Anyone please feel free to add to or embellish
this.

I checked on our Koha installation and yes we had the same error message on
MARC Bibliographic Framework test for item types

I found the cause of the error by analyzing the code of
cgi-bin/koha/admin/checkmarc.pl  and crafting the query

select  frameworkcode, tagfield,tab,authorised_value from
marc_subfield_structure where kohafield = "biblioitems.itemtype"

+---------------+----------+------+------------------+

| frameworkcode | tagfield | tab  | authorised_value |

+---------------+----------+------+------------------+

|                  | 942      |    0 | itemtypes        |

| BSC           | 942      |    0 | itemtypes        |

| MAPS         | 255      |    0 |                  |

| MAPS         | 255      |    0 |                  |

| MAPS         | 942      |    0 | itemtypes        |

| P               | 942      |    0 | itemtypes        |

+---------------+----------+------+------------------+

The result shows that some MAPS 255 subfields were the cause of the problem.

Indeed in the MAPS framework definition the 255b (statement of projection) &
255c (statement of coordinates) were wrongly linked to biblioitems.itemtype.

I just edited the framework and set the koha link to blank for these two
subfields.

This solved the problem with item types.

Similarly for your other problem on 090c, 090d maybe check in your
frameworks that Managed in tab = ignore

Tag 090:

Subfield  Text  Constraints  Delete

a  Item type [OBSOLETE]  subfield ignored  Delete

b  Koha Dewey Subclass [OBSOLETE]  subfield ignored  Delete

c  Koha biblionumber  subfield ignored  Delete

d  Koha biblioitemnumber  subfield ignored  Delete

Or check in the checkmarc.pl  script what causes the error on your machine
by running the query manually