[Koha] Upgrading Issues

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 23:34:20 NZST 2011

Hello all,

I am in the process of upgrading an installation from 3.0.to 3.4. Because this particular install was first installed as 2.2.9 nozebra and later upgraded to 3.0 nozebra, certain koha to Marc relationships are not the same as those in a default 3.2 or 3.4 install.

Specifically rather than 999$c as biblionumber, it is 090$c, bibliitemnumber is 090$d rather than 999$d while itemnumber is 952$v rather than 952$9. Also the Permanent location is 952$d rather than 952$a. This has not allowed zebra searches to work.

Now I thought of exporting out the Marc records, using marcedit to correct the Marc data and reimporting the records into koha using the title as a match point. I believe Koha should then retain the item number as we do not want to lose the issues record.

The other way I am thinking of is to change the melm entries in record.abs, but I think this has to be repeated for every future upgrade.

Does anyone have any advice for the best way to handle this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Olugbenga Adara

Mobile: 234 (0) 8033220288
Home: 234 (2) 8721720