[Koha] marc editors and importing records

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jul 21 03:16:42 NZST 2011

Peel Lisa
> I have finally bought my first e-book ! The book supplier I used has
> sent me the MARC record as a .usm file but I do not have any idea
> how to open it or how to import the record into KOHA.
>
> Do I need to download/buy some external Marc Editor and how can I
> then import it into KOHA?

The .usm files I've seen are just .mrc binary files by another name.
Rename it to .mrc and it should import into Koha in the normal way.

(And Koha is a name, not an abbreviation - or are you so happy you're
shouting it?  ;-)

Hope that helps,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha