[Koha] newbie: items from Follet export

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Fri Jul 1 04:17:12 NZST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz [mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of Nigel Barker
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:41 PM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: [Koha] newbie: items from Follet export

Dear All,

I am the IT teacher at a very small school. For several years we have
been running debian-edu/skolelinux on our servers and workstations. So
when the librarian (who is a part-time volunteer and doesn't know
anything about library systems) told me the ageing Follet system would
no longer allow her to add books, I naturally turned to Koha. I have a
test instance  running, and I can bulkmarcimport.pl the marc records
exported from Follet.

So here is my question:
Although the marc export from Follet had the "include copy info" box
checked, and I can see the barcodes in the microlif.001 file, the
catalogue on Koha has no items available for any record, and there are
no barcodes showing.
I am hoping someone with Follet migration experience will know what I
have to do.

Thanks!
--
nigel